
Bentley and I met on a blind date the day before my birthday 2 years ago. Happy Anniversary to us.
January has always been a month of reflection and goal setting for me. I wonder if people that don't have a birthday in January go by their birthdate or January to welcome a new year. Now I add our anniversary as another subject of reflection to the mix. Its a lot to think about. We had a great anniversary and after last year we are both grateful to be together and getting along so well. There is something about your birthdate that makes you want to take advantage of each day and live to the fullest.
I don't think about my actual age very much and a friend at work pointed out that when she was 37, she had a 19 year old daughter and 18 year old son. I had to sit down. I could not imagine it. I also had a conversation with a 17 year old girl working at Merle Norman (I was getting a facial) and she explained how she tans and lays in a tanning bed... but its ok because her mom does it too... and it hasn't aged her... how she looks young. Then she informed me that her mom is 38 - I had that moment of "She looks young because she is young" DUH! I could hear my mom laughing in my head.
I remember my mom very vividly when she was my age. I was 12 when she was 37 and I have always felt my mom was the most beautiful woman ever. I guess most little girls do. I guess some of my comfort with age is because my mom didn't seem to have issues with it and I'm sure that helps. I have always wanted to enjoy the age I am and even when I was little I didn't rush too much. Now I look forward to my 40s and I'm not afraid. I really think life just gets better and I recognize I need to take better care of myself and be prepared. I have been warned by my GiGi that getting older is not for sissies. I believe her since I had one of my first feelings of - "OUCH my knee - what the heck..." I hear stuff starts falling apart after 40 so the way I see it, I'm going to enjoy the next three years and make sure I have good insurance.
January has always been a month of reflection and goal setting for me. I wonder if people that don't have a birthday in January go by their birthdate or January to welcome a new year. Now I add our anniversary as another subject of reflection to the mix. Its a lot to think about. We had a great anniversary and after last year we are both grateful to be together and getting along so well. There is something about your birthdate that makes you want to take advantage of each day and live to the fullest.
I don't think about my actual age very much and a friend at work pointed out that when she was 37, she had a 19 year old daughter and 18 year old son. I had to sit down. I could not imagine it. I also had a conversation with a 17 year old girl working at Merle Norman (I was getting a facial) and she explained how she tans and lays in a tanning bed... but its ok because her mom does it too... and it hasn't aged her... how she looks young. Then she informed me that her mom is 38 - I had that moment of "She looks young because she is young" DUH! I could hear my mom laughing in my head.
I remember my mom very vividly when she was my age. I was 12 when she was 37 and I have always felt my mom was the most beautiful woman ever. I guess most little girls do. I guess some of my comfort with age is because my mom didn't seem to have issues with it and I'm sure that helps. I have always wanted to enjoy the age I am and even when I was little I didn't rush too much. Now I look forward to my 40s and I'm not afraid. I really think life just gets better and I recognize I need to take better care of myself and be prepared. I have been warned by my GiGi that getting older is not for sissies. I believe her since I had one of my first feelings of - "OUCH my knee - what the heck..." I hear stuff starts falling apart after 40 so the way I see it, I'm going to enjoy the next three years and make sure I have good insurance.