Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Bentley and I have some differences to deal with. I work in an office all day and he works outside all day. When we are off work, he wants the comforts of the indoors and I want to get outside. This weekend we both agreed we had to get outside before the cold hits. Something we do agree on is hot weather is better than cold. As much as hot comfort food and sweaters are appealing the cold makes me cringe and I want to stay in my bed with covers, books and hot soup. So to get out this weekend, we grabbed my buddy Nycole and the Coco Maniac and headed to a little mountain to hike. Cocolicious was overwhelmed by all the dogs. He must have a 2 gallon bladder because he now owns the mountain.

We had such a good time even though we kept saying, "are we there yet?". It was a little hazy but we could still see the city an other mountains. I felt like I got some fresh air and we were all taking moments to say - Beautiful, Gorgeous, WOW, look at that, etc. Nature is so inspirational. I was looking for more red and just couldn't find much but the yellows were good.

The weekend has been really calm and quiet. I made some bake potato soup, hot crab dip and I'm making brownie muffins in a few. See what I mean the cool weather starts the cravings. Salad won't be enough until the spring.