I have my very own Mr Green Jeans...Ray. Here is a picture of this year's garden. I love the bamboo and of course the bounty of his work. It makes me happy when he talks about it and I visualize him walking around talking to his lovelies and wipping the sweat from his brow. Just this week he was telling me how he believes bunnies have developed the technology needed to teleport. hee hee
One of my goals to have a veggie garden and it will take time but I'm building my support system so that once I get my ducks in a row and it happens I will have plenty of people to learn from and hopefully have a good experience.
I have identified the plot and once Bentley gets the tree's that have huge X marks on them removed, I'll be one step closer. The trees are really close to the house and they are really tall so he has to hire someone to remove them. Really. The sun will flood in and the next step will be stump removal. I watched a show that talked about an organism you put on the stump and then plant a flower box on top and presto in a few months the stump will be disolved. (no I don't ever believe anything that ends in presto but its an idea)
Since Bentley has the good ole Georgia clay for soil we will be creating container gardens. We will bring out our Mr Green Jeans to provide some guidance. It will be a while and I get giddy everytime I think about it.